Andrew P. Fleming – Partner
Experienced Hamburg Attorney
Andrew P. Fleming is a partner in the law firm of Chiacchia & Fleming, LLP. His practice is limited to labor and employment, personal injury and commercial litigation.
Mr. Fleming’s labor and employment practice focuses on representing employees and small businesses in employment disputes. This includes litigating sexual harassment, reverse discrimination, gender, age and disability discrimination actions. He also handles employment benefit actions under the ERISA laws.
Mr. Fleming’s career began as an insurance defense attorney, where he handled the defense of hundreds of personal injury actions. For the past nineteen years, since leaving the insurance defense practice, he has been representing injured persons in personal injury actions of all kinds. A pragmatic and determined litigator, Mr. Fleming, working with the team of injury litigators at Chiacchia & Fleming, has had much success representing victims of both wrongful termination and negligence. On behalf of one group of reverse discrimination plaintiffs, Mr. Fleming achieved the largest employment claim settlement in Western New York history.
In 2006, Mr. Fleming was elected to a four year term as Village Justice for the Village of Hamburg, a part-time position that has enhanced his litigation and mediation skills.
Attorney Andrew P. Fleming is a member of the Erie County Bar Association, where he has served as Chairman of its Labor and Employment Law Committee, as an elected member of its Board of Directors, and as a member of its Judiciary Committee. He has lectured on sexual harassment, wrongful termination, benefits law litigation and the Americans with Disabilities Act. Mr. Fleming received his law degree from SUNY at Buffalo School of Law. He received his Bachelor of Arts degree, cum laude, from Pace University. Prior to practicing law, Mr. Fleming was an Infantry Officer in the United States Marine Corps.
Learn More About Attorney Fleming
- Employment Law (Employee and Employer)
- Personal Injury Law
- Commercial Litigation
- University at Buffalo Law School, Buffalo, New York, 1985; J.D.
- Pace University, Pleasantville, New York, 1979; B.A. Honors: Cum Laude
Past Employment Positions:
- Walsh, Fleming & Chiacchia, Partner, 1990-1998
- Brown & Kelly, Associate, 1987-1990
- Diebold, Birmingham, Associate, 1985-1987
- U.S. Marine Corps, Paris Island, Series Commander, 1981-1982
- New York State, 1986
U.S. District Court(s)
- Western District of New York, 1986 Southern District of New York, 2009
- United States Court of Appeals (2nd Circuit), 2003
- United States Court of Appeals (3rd Circuit), 1996
- United States Bankruptcy Court, Western District of New York, 1988
Professional Associations and Memberships:
- Erie County Bar Association, 1986-Present
- Member Erie County Bar Association, Board of Directors, 1995-1998
- Chair Erie County Labor and Employment Law Committee, 2004-2005
- Churches in Action, Former Director/Counsel, 1998-Present
- St. Luke’s Mission of Mercy: Buffalo
- “Friends of St. Luke’s” Board, 1999-Present (Past Chair)
- Knights of Columbus Council # 2220, Counsel, 2002-Present
- Village of Hamburg: Village Prosecutor, 2003-2006; Elected Village Judge, 2006-Present
- Hamburg School Foundation: Board of Directors, 2002-Present; Corporate Secretary, 2009-Present
- New York Institute of Massage, Advisory Board, 2003-Present
- Hillcrest Cemetery, Counsel and Member of Board of Directors, 2002-Present
- Buffalo City Mission, Member: Corporate Roundtable, 2007-Present
- Mullen Law Institute, Las Vegas, NV: Sexual Harassment Claims, the Ledbetter Case, and Revisions to the ADA, 2009
- Erie County Bar Association: Labor Law, 2004
- New York Employee Benefits Conference: Litigating Benefit Claims, May 2004